Meetings & Agendas
An important role for the Hawke's Bay Regional Council is in developing, implementing and reviewing policies for managing the region's resources. Our policies are developed from legislation, from research and knowledge of resources, and through consultation with resource users, conservation groups, tangata whenua and the community.
Regional Council and Committees have scheduled meetings (see below) are where Council’s plans and strategies are developed and debated. These are open to the public, except where items of business specifically exclude the public. Agenda papers contain useful information and background reports on many aspects of our work - these are available in advance of all meetings (click on HTML or PDF to open). Note that 'excluded' papers are those which were not initially contained in the main agenda document (it does not mean 'public excluded').
Meeting dates and times are published in Hawke's Bay Today, and are generally scheduled as follows.
- Regional Council - usually the last Wednesday of each month (except March and December)
- Maori Committee - usually the 2nd Tuesday of every 2nd month
- Corporate and Strategic - 4 times a year
- Environment & Services - generally every 2nd month
- Regional Planning - generally every 1st Wednesday of each month
- Regional Transport Committee - four times per year
- HB Civil Defence Emergency Management Group - as required, usually twice a year.
Schedule of Meetings
To view the agendas and minutes of all meetings click below.
To view videos of meetings click below.