Recent Changes to goBay services
In September 2016 there were a number of changes and improvements made to the goBay bus service:
- A new fast commuter service linking Napier and Hastings via Taradale and the Expressway. Known as ‘Route 10’, this service is timed to meet the needs of commuters, shift workers, hospital staff and school students
- Route 15 has been extended to Bay View, with 5 trips a day Monday to Friday and four trips on Saturdays
- Route 17 was changed slightly to take in Splash Planet and Karamu High School. Trips have been increased from three to seven per day, Monday to Friday, great news for students and residents of Summerset in the Orchard
- The Hastings-Flaxmere Route 20 service now has an earlier morning trip to help shift workers get to work on time. There are also now three trips a day on Sundays
- The Hastings-Havelock North Route 21 service has new early morning commuter trips Monday to Friday and also three trips on Sundays. The route has been extended up to Arataki Road, which will help the residents of the retirement village.
All the buses in the goBay fleet have bike racks and are wheelchair accessible. They can ‘kneel’ on request.
For more information, see the bus timetable