Emergency Management Advisor Processes and Technology (Vacancy 17-878)
Would you like to work for a progressive organisation in a varied, rewarding and challenging role?
The Hawke’s Bay Emergency Management Group is a cooperative of all of the councils in Hawke’s Bay. Our role is to jointly deliver civil defence emergency management across Hawke’s Bay. The Group office is staffed by a small group of multidisciplinary emergency management professionals who work across Hawke’s Bay. While we each have our specialities, we work across the four goals of comprehensive emergency management being reduction, readiness, response and recovery. We would like to fill a challenging and varied emergency management advisor role which will be an employee of Hawke’s Bay Regional Council based in Hastings.
Key skills for this role will include the ability to:
- Develop and manage the information and communications technology (ICT) that supports our timely and effective response to an emergency.
- Overseeing the testing and maintenance of the Group’s response and alerting ICT (hardware and software).
- Build constructive relationships with other ITC staff in a variety of council, central government and non‑governmental partners.
- Explore ICT options to improve the CDEM Group’s ability to communicate and respond in a range of scenarios.
- Help maintain responsive emergency management coordination centres through the provision of resilient and flexible ICT.
- Work positively with other emergency management advisors in providing ICT solutions within their areas of expertise.
You will need a qualification or strong experience relevant to the role and an ability to effectively manage a wide range of ITC systems such as smart phone apps, Office 365, SharePoint, GIS and training applications. Strong communication skills with an ability to engage with a variety of audiences and organisations effectively. You must be willing to provide an appropriate service outside of normal hours when required, be able to work unsupervised, and have a clean current driver’s licence.
Applications close at 4 pm on Monday 28th May 2018.
24 May 2018