skip to main content

Time to Clean Up

AP2017 thumb3

Media Release 30th March 2017

Hawke’s Bay Regional Council has adopted supporting papers covering the Draft Annual Plan 2017-18, and approved a consultation document ahead of this year’s consultation period.

The Council is recommending a base rate increase of 4.88% to fund a ‘business as usual’ delivery of Council’s services. It is also proposing to increase rates by a further 5% to kick-start action in six environmental hot spot areas, for a total rate increase of 9.88%.

The six hot spot areas are Lake Tūtira, Ahuriri estuary, Whakaki Lake and Wairoa River, Lake Whatuma and Tukituki catchment, Karamū Stream, and the Coastal Marine Environment.

The 2017 consultation document covers changes to the earlier direction proposed for year three of the 2015-25 Long Term Plan. The current Long Term Plan will be reviewed through a process beginning later this year, ahead of next year’s  2018-28 Long Term Plan.

The community are encouraged to share their views on the Draft Annual Plan 2017-18 from 10 April and until 4pm on Friday 12 May 2017.

More information and submissions can be found here.

13 April 2017

Back to News Archive

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hawke's Bay Regional Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hawke's Bay Regional Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Hawke's Bay Regional Council - / +64 6 835 9200 /