Copyright & Privacy
This site is owned by Hawke's Bay Regional Council, 159 Dalton Street, Napier, New Zealand.
Hawke's Bay Regional Council protects the privacy of our website users.
The collection, storage and use of personal information by Hawke's Bay Regional Council is regulated by the Privacy Act 1993.
If you provide personal information through this website we will only use that information in our dealings with you, keep that information secure and not disclose that information to a third party.
We will only use your personal information if you have given consent for us to do so. You can ask for access to your information or for corrections to be made.
For more detailed information please refer to the Privacy Act 1993 and its amendments.
Unless otherwise stated, copyright in all material on this site belongs to Hawke's Bay Regional Council.
Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commercial purposes only. Any material used from this website must have the source and copyright status of the material acknowledged.
Except as stated in the above, no portion of the content of this website, including text, graphics, photos and the Council logo, may be copied or used without the permission of the Council.
For more detailed information please refer to the Privacy Act 1993 and its amendments or at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Every endeavour has been taken by Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. Hawke's Bay Regional Council [HBRC] shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Persons requiring information in relation to a specific query should contact HBRC directly. Information contained has been assembled in good faith.
Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. HBRC cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Where possible we have tried to provide links to these government agencies for further reading.
Environmental Data Viewer
To access the environmental data displayed through our mapping solution, you will need one of the following versions of internet browser:
- Internet Explorer (32 Bit) Version 7/8/9
- Internet Explorer (64 Bit) Version 7/8/9
- Mozilla Firefox (Windows) Version 3.6
- Mozilla Firefox (Not Windows) Version 3.6
- Safari (Not Windows) Version 4.04
Provision of science data and information
- Hawke’s Bay Regional Council reserves the right to change the content and/or presentation of any data at its sole discretion, including these notes and disclaimer. Use of this data is subject to these disclaimers and exclusions and by using the data the user is signifying his or her agreement to be bound by these exclusions and disclaimers.
- These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Real-time data available on the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council web site are provisional, and have not been reviewed. These data may be reviewed and altered at any time, without notice.
- Data are collected and provided according to current best practices, which may change over time. Data that is currently collected may not be collected in the future.
- Hawke’s Bay Regional Council provides this information in good faith. However, the Council does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the data or warrant that the data is appropriate or suitable for the use to which it may be put by third parties. Any person using the data does so at their own risk.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither Hawke’s Bay Regional Council nor any of its members, officers, associates, consultants, employees, affiliates, servants, agents or other representatives shall be liable for loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the use of, or the inability to use, the information contained in data and/or electronic files including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of data, income, profit, or opportunity, loss of, or damage to, property and claims of third parties, even if Hawke’s Bay Regional Council has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages, or such loss or damages were reasonably foreseeable.
- The Council accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury resulting from reliance upon or use of the data, and accepts no liability for actions taken by others based on this data
- Any party accessing information from the Council on this website acknowledges that the information is official information for the purpose of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (as amended or replaced) and that the Council is not in trade when providing data.
- In the event that a court or tribunal does hold that the Council is in trade when supplying data and the party requesting the information is also in trade, then the Council and the other party agree that the Council will not be subject to any of the mandatory guarantees the Council would otherwise be subject to in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (as amended or replaced) or section 9, 12a or 13 of the Fair Trading Act 1986 (as amended or replaced)
Website users cannot make any alterations or changes that interfere with how the site currently works. This includes removing or adding any information, linking to another website and distributing any part of it this site.
The Council is not affiliated with any person whose goods or services are linked to or from the website or any linked site. The Council does not sponsor, endorse or approve of any of those goods or services.
The Council cannot guarantee that external sites are accurate or that they will operate correctly