We aim to provide you with complete information on resource consent requirements in the Hawke’s Bay region. Find out about how to lodge an application and how your consent may be processed, and view recent consent applications.
1. When you have filled in your application (how to apply) and lodged it with your deposit, our staff will check it to make sure it is complete.
2. An application must be ‘received’ by the Regional Council within the first 10 working days of being lodged. ‘Received’ means our consents planners have viewed the application and consider it has enough information to begin processing. If any important information is missing, we will return the application within that time.
3. The time it takes to process a consent application varies, but if all the information required is received and public or limited notification is not required, a decision will be issued within 20 working days after receiving your application and deposit.
Applications can be lodged via email to the firstname.lastname@example.org or physically to any of our offices, please check the front page of your applications Form A for full lodgement instructions.
New applications for consents received with the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council in the preceding week are made available in related documents above.
Once your application is accepted, your application will be processed as one of 3 types:
• Non-notified – for activities which have less than minor adverse effects on the environment or any people, or where written approval has been obtained from any person considered to be affected by the proposed activity. These applications do not require notification of any sort, and will be processed within 20 working days (assuming no further information is required).
• Limited notified – for activities which will have at least minor adverse effects, and the written approval of any person considered to be affected by your proposed activity has not been obtained. The unconditional written approval of all affected parties will need to be provided by the applicant, or the application will be notified to those parties who may make a submission. If submissions are received pre-hearing meeting/s and a hearing may be required.
• Publicly notified – for activities which have more than minor adverse effects on the environment. Once notified, anyone can make a submission on the application and, if submissions are received, pre-hearing meeting/s and a hearing may be required.
We recommend that, even if you expect that your application will be processed as a non-notified application, you talk with people who may be affected by your application.
Consent applications can be put on hold, and therefore the processing is delayed for the following reasons:
• We ask an applicant to provide further information to enable us to determine the scale of the adverse effects of the activity.
• We may require written approval from affected parties.
• Applications for extra resource consents are required to be lodged.
• At the applicant’s request.
An Everyday Guide to the Resource Management Act (RMA) is a set of booklets available from the Ministry for the Environment to help you with everyday matters under the RMA. The booklets explain specific RMA processes, your rights, and how you can get involved.
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hawke's Bay Regional Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hawke's Bay Regional Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hawke's Bay Regional Council - www.hbrc.govt.nz / +64 6 835 9200 / email@example.com