skip to main content

HBRC hears verbal submissions to its Annual Plan

AP2017 thumb3

Hawke’s Bay Regional Council will spend next Monday hearing and considering submissions to its draft Annual Plan 2017-18.

The Council received 137 submissions to its Annual Plan, with 31 submitters asking to speak at next week’s hearing. Many of the submissions relate to the Council’s plan to clean up six environmental ‘hot spots’.

The Council is recommending a base rate increase of 4.88% to fund a ‘business as usual’ delivery of Council’s services. It is also proposing to increase rates by a further 5% to kick-start action in six environmental hot spot areas, for a total rate increase of 9.88%. The six hot spot areas are Lake Tūtira, Ahuriri estuary, Whakaki Lake and Wairoa River, Lake Whatuma and Tukituki catchment, Karamū Stream, and the Coastal Marine Environment.

The Council will spend Monday hearing the verbal submissions and considering all the other submissions, before making any changes to the 2017-18 Annual Plan and adopting it at the end of June.

The hearing will be held on Monday 12 June from 9am in the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council Chamber, 159 Dalton Street, Napier. 

9 June 2017

Back to News Archive

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hawke's Bay Regional Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hawke's Bay Regional Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Hawke's Bay Regional Council - / +64 6 835 9200 /