Chief Financial Officer
The Hawke’s Bay Regional Council make a huge impact on the Hawke’s Bay community. The Regional Council and their staff, through the management of the region’s precious taonga of rivers, lakes, soils, air, coast and biodiversity, strive to create a healthy environment, a vibrant community and a prosperous economy.
Reporting to the Group Manager – Corporate Services, the CFO will be responsible for the management of the finance team, providing leadership and the strategic direction for the department, and ensuring financial related services are delivered in a professional manner.
Specifically, the role will include:
- The preparation and management of the annual reporting and budgeting process
- Stakeholder support across the council, including the support and partnering, to the Executive Management Team, providing them meaningful insight into business performance
- Delivery of finance related projects, including the end to end project management of a new financial systems implementation
- Leadership of a finance team of 14 staff
- Overseeing council investment requirements and the analysis of commercial investments including the management and reporting to Council of treasury related activities
The ideal candidate will be CA qualified, hungry, humble and someone who can engage with people at all levels. Prior experience leading finance teams, practicing continuous improvement and working with multiple stakeholders is essential. Coupled with an ability to communicate financial information in a transparent, understandable manner.
So, if this sounds like you, and if you are a passionate and proactive finance professional who embraces challenge, please apply online via Seek with a CV and covering letter. For a confidential discussion, please contact Chris Hart on 022 041 5176 or email@example.com
Applications close on Monday the 8th of April.
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non-NZ Residents: Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Back to News Archive