Hawke's Bay Regional Council (HBRC) is the regional authority for the Hawke's Bay region in New Zealand with key roles in environmental management and education; flood control, drainage, pollution, waste, land, water and coastal management. Supporting approximately 160,000 residents, Council's vision is to enable a healthy environment, a vibrant community and a prosperous economy.
About the role:
Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our team. This role is a fixed term contract for the purpose of covering parental leave for a minimum of 6 months.
The Finance team is responsible for the financial functions of Council. The Accounts Payable Officer role is to provide relevant, professional input into the roles and functions as outlined in the job description, in order to ensure the Finance team achieves its objectives.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with demonstrated experience in accounts payable, who is committed to supporting their team and delivering great outcomes for the Hawke’s Bay region. Key receptibilities for this role are:
- Carry out the role Accounts Payable function of Council and ensuring accurate and auditable processing of invoices and within agreed time frame and are efficiently completed.
- Ensure statement reconciliations are processed and accurate adjustments are completed prior to payment run.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Provide financial reporting when required by the Accounting team.
- Continuously maintain the Vendor database and ensure it is completed accurately.
- Develop a positive working relationship with our Vendors within the community and queries are dealt with in a positive and efficient manner
- Ideally, you will have some previous accounts payable/administration experience although full training will be provided on all our systems and processes.
- You will need to be great with operating different systems and have solid financial system skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication is a must due to a big part of the role will be handling both internal and external queries.
- We are looking for a people person who is completely committed to working within a team and able to work to strict deadlines under pressure.
- The ability to manage a repetitive work cycle
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in an AP focused position
- Previous experience with reconciliations
Click here to see the full job description
2 June 2020
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hawke's Bay Regional Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hawke's Bay Regional Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hawke's Bay Regional Council - www.hbrc.govt.nz / +64 6 835 9200 / firstname.lastname@example.org