We want to help improve the healthiness of your home with our Sustainable Homes programme. We can assist with funding and grants for clean heating, insulation, solar power systems, double glazing, water storage and septic tanks, all to make your home a healthy and efficient place to live.
• More homes that are warmer and drier to help improve health for local people
• Increased energy efficiency and reduced dependence on networked supply (both power and water)
• The 85% renewable energy use for the region increased to 100%, in line with carbon neutrality by 2040
• Better water quality by getting rid of contaminating leachate from septic tanks that need replacing
• Continued improvement of air quality to meet WHO standards as stated in the regional council’s Strategic Plan
• Improved ability for people to cope through a civil defence emergency when their homes are equipped with stored water and solar energy.
Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hawke's Bay Regional Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hawke's Bay Regional Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.
© Hawke's Bay Regional Council - www.hbrc.govt.nz / +64 6 835 9200 / firstname.lastname@example.org