skip to main content

Water Use Reporting

Once your meter has been installed, you will need to record and submit your water use data to council either manually or via automated telemetry devices installed on your system.

water useWater Use Reporting

Once your meter has been installed, you will need to record and submit your water use data to council. If you are recording them yourself, you need to record the meter readings. If you use telemetry, records of the volumes you use will be sent to the council by your telemetry provider.

 There are two ways that your water use can be reported.

  • Manually record your water use and enter your use into the councils data base via the Councils website or,
  • Via Telemetry which will automatically record your use for you and transfer it directly into council’s database. 

How often do I need to do this?

If the conditions on your consent require you to report your water use by telemetry, you will need to get this installed. Here is a link to the companies that provide or install telemetry in Hawke’s Bay. Service Providers | Hawke's Bay Regional Council (

If you have installed a meter because of the Government regulations, you will have to take either daily readings, or weekly readings, depending on whether you live in a water sensitive area or not. These readings need to be sent to the council by the end of July each year. You can, of course, send more often if you want to.

If you have installed a meter because this is a condition of your consent, you need to check in the conditions as to how often you need to read your water meter and how often this needs to be sent to the council. The most common conditions require that readings are sent at the end of each month.

How to enter your data

You can register as a web user here. Click on 'Register' in the top navigation bar, fill in the page for registration and then push the Register button at the bottom. This will send an email to the council and we will email you back when you have been set up to use the Website. You will then be able to log in and enter your data. 

Enter your data here

Our website will also graph your water usage for you as well as display river levels and rainfall information.

Here is a guide on how to enter your meter readings.

Telarc Registration Marks QUALITY ISO 9001 2015 for web


Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the Hawke's Bay Regional Council to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Hawke's Bay Regional Council shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. Hawke's Bay Regional Council cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© Hawke's Bay Regional Council - / +64 6 835 9200 /